Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 6 – Life processes
Qus 1. How do we tell the difference between what is alive and what is not alive?
Ans. If we see a dog running, or a cow chewing cud, or a man shouting loudly on the street, we know that these are living beings.
Qus 2. How do we know that plants they are alive?
Ans. Plants grow over time, so we know that they are alive,
Qus 3. What are life processes?
Ans. The processes which together perform this maintenance job are life processes.
Qus 4. Explain the process of Respiration?
Ans. The process of acquiring oxygen from outside the body, and to use it in the process of break-down of food sources is called Respiration.
Qus 5. What do you mean by the term ‘Excretion?
Ans. The waste by products which are needed to be removed from the body and discarded outside by a process called excretion.
Qus 6. Explain the process of Photosynthesis?
Ans. It is the process by which autotrophs take in substances from the outside and convert them into stored forms of energy.
Qus 7. Where is stomata present in the leaves?
Ans. Stomata are tiny pores present on the surface of the leaves.
Qus 8. What are the functions of the guard cells?
Ans. The opening and closing of the pore is a function of the guard cells
Qus 9. Name the organ expands when food enters in it?
Ans. The stomach is a large organ which expands when food enters it.
Qus 10. What protects the inner lining of the stomach?
Ans. The mucus protects the inner lining of the stomach from the action of the acid under normal conditions.
Qus 11. Which is the longest part of the alimentary canal?
Ans. Small intestine is longest part of the alimentary canal.
Qus 12. What is ATP?
Ans. The energy which is released during cellular respiration is immediately used to synthesis a molecule called which is called ATP.
Qus 13. What are Alveoli?
Ans. within the lungs, the passage divides into smaller and smaller tubes which finally terminate in balloon-like structures which are called alveoli.
Qus 14. What is the importance of Plasma in our body?
Ans. Plasma transports food, carbon dioxide and nitrogenous wastes in dissolved form.
Qus 15. What is Blood pressure?
Ans. The force that blood exerts against the wall of a vessel is called blood pressure.
Qus 16. Which instrument is used to measure blood pressure?
Ans. Blood pressure is measured with an instrument called Sphygmomanometer.
Qus 17. What are Capillaries?
Ans. The smallest vessels have walls which are one-cell thick and are called capillaries.
Qus 18. What is the work of Lymph in our body?
Ans. Lymph carries digested and absorbed fat from intestine and drains excess fluid from extra cellular space back into the blood.
Qus 19. What is known as Transpiration?
Ans. The loss of water in the form of vapour from the aerial parts of the plant is known as transpiration.
Qus 20. Explain the term ‘Translocation?
Ans. The transport of soluble products of photosynthesis is called Translocation.
Qus 21. Where are Kidneys located in our body?
Ans. Kidneys are located in the abdomen, one on either side of the backbone
Qus 22. What is the purpose of Urine?
Ans. The purpose of making urine is to filter out waste products from the blood.
Q.1.What is the role of the acid in our stomach?
Q.2. What is the function of digestive enzymes?
Q.3. How is the small intestine designed to absorb digested food?
Q.4.Why is it necessary to separate oxygenated and deoxygenated blood in mammals and birds?
Q.5. What are the components of the transport system in highly organised plants?
Q.6. How are water and minerals transported in plants?
- Class 10 Chapter 1 – Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Class 10 chapter 2 – Acids, Bases and Salts
- Class 10 Chapter 3 – Metals and Non Metals
- Class 10 Chapter 4 – Carbon and its Compounds
- Class 10 Chapter 5 – Periodic Classification of Elements
- Class 10 Chapter 6 – Life Processes
- class 10 chapter 7 – Control and Coordination
- Class 10 Chapter 8 – How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Class 10 Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution
- Class 10 Chapter 10 – Light – Reflection and Refraction
- Class 10 Chapter 11 – The Human Eye and the Colourful World
- Class 10 Chapter 12 – Electricity
- Class 10 Chapter 13 – Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Class 10 Chapter 14 – Sources of Energy
- Class 10 Chapter 15 – Our Environment
- Class 10 Chapter 16 – Management of Natural Resources
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 1 – Chemicals Reactions and Equations
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 2 – Acids, Bases and Salts
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 3 – Metals and non metals
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 4 – Carbon and its Compounds
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 5 – Periodic Classification of Elements
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 6 – Life processes
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 7 – Control and Coordination
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 8 – How do Organisms Reproduce?
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 9 – Heredity and Evolution
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 10 – Light – Reflection and Refraction
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 11 – The Human Eye and the Colourful World
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 12 – Electricity
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 13 – Magnetic effects of electric current
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 14 – Sources of Energy
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 15 – Our environment
- Class 10 Question Bank Chapter 16 – Management of Natural Resources